STORY OF FARRE

Happy reading Dear  Readers!!!
 beginning from yesterday's  blog,I had invited you all to come and share what pleasure your cooking brought to your family at your home. Reaction of your family, especially your children. Positive impact of that dish on the health of whole family.how your Kids were involved during preparation of whole recipe.While cooking what all memories flashed before you. That 's the real treasure that's the way recipe passed actually from one generation to other.
So Sharing my experience,During lock down  one  fine day I thought of preparing  farre. A very traditional North Indian cuisine, nutritionally rich as contains easily available proteins due to cereal pulse combination method. Secondly cooking method is also steaming process so that makes it more healthy(You know dietitian within me keeps me always alert).
So a day before I had told that tomorrow morning's breakfast is Farre. Farre!!! mumma what's this?we will not eat, make something else for us, but this time I had thought I will make them learn in a very subtle way, so at bed time I shared story which had interesting fact of farre,first hit on their mind. Next morning I made them get ready fast and brought them to Kitchen and requested them in pretending manner that without them I won't be able to cook. getting importance made them lil interested and then from start till end they stood beside me. I kept on telling them importance of every ingredient added therein as the dietitian within me didn't wanted to loose the opportunity of sharing nutritional gyaan. 
So once the table was laid and Farre along with green mango chutney were kept for everyone to relish,theses small ambassadors started explaining the whole recipe to elders and also  all possible facts they could remember since yesterday night about Farre .Not only they did gaga about it but also ate it and enjoyed thoroughly.
As a proud mother , First I thanked my mother and then felt satisfied that one recipe at least of our tradition is now passed on.
so one step daily towards traditional food will definitely not only let traditional recipes gain their importance but will also preserve them.
Imagine, if we all teach one recipe to our kids and  these kids share  among st themselves. what a great treasure it could be.!!!!
happy blogging, bye for now.Remeber SAHI POSHAN TOH  DESH ROSHAN.

Comments

  1. I tried Farre many years back... Will now try again with kiddos on knowing about it's popularity with your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FOOD BEYOND NUTRITION

TALK TO YOUR FOOD!!!

TASTE OF FOOD BROUGHT BY YOU AND RELISHED BY ALL