FOOD IS MY BODY'S FUEL.

Dear Blog Readers!!!
Happy reading to you all!!
In my previous blog I had written about the meaning of Food in various aspects.I myself had indicated few and today unfolding layers  from Food Science.So Begin with, let me tell you incidences where you will really connect to me on this prole of Food i.e. energy giving.After your written exams, interview, completion of whole day's massive event, You suddenly remember that "my stomach is howling, if I don't eat a single bite I might fall down."then after eating food you feel so refreshed and active as if a gloomy plant has been watered. So this is  what Food does to us. It provide us energy to live, to grow to sustain and to reproduce.
Food gives us Energy this is true but then the Most important question is from which food this energy is actually provided.List is of dishes is exhaustive so we categorize our ENERGY GIVING FOODS as Cereal based food.

CEREAL AND MILLET FOODS

 

WHEAT, RICE, JOWAR, BAJRA, MAKKA,

RAAGI, AMARANTH SEEDS, BARLEY, QUINOA, (MAJOR CEREALS)

 

WHEAT FLOUR, SEMOLINA, MAIDA, DALIYA, VERMICELLI

 PAR BOILED RICE, RICE-FLAKES, PUFFED RICE, RICE FLOUR,JAU SATTU, MAKKA FLOUR, CORN SEEDS, RAAGI FLOUR (EDIBLE FORMS OF CEREALS)

 

CHAPATHI, ROTI, BHAKRI, PARANTHA, POORI, NAAN, BREAD, DALIYA PORRIDGE, POHA, LAIYYA, MURUKKU, PULAO, RAAGI IDLI, POPCORN. (DISHES HAVING CEREALS AS MAIN INGREDIENT)

So next time when your dietician talks about energy giving foods, do remember this flow chart.
To be continued.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOOD BEYOND NUTRITION

TALK TO YOUR FOOD!!!

TASTE OF FOOD BROUGHT BY YOU AND RELISHED BY ALL